Are you looking for a great CrossFit training exercise that will test your strength and endurance? The barbell thrusters will do just that. Let’s take a look at how to do the CrossFit training exercise thrusters.
Equipment needed: Barbell or dumbbells
- Start with the barbell or dumbbells resting on your shoulders, with your feet shoulder-width apart and toes pointed slightly outward.
- Lower into a squat position, keeping your chest up and your knees tracking over your toes.
- As you come up from the squat, drive the weight overhead, fully extending your arms and legs, and pushing through your heels.
- Lower the weight back down to your shoulders as you lower into another squat, completing one repetition.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions or for a set amount of time, as per your training plan.
- Keep your core engaged and your back straight throughout the movement.
- Make sure to use proper form and start with lighter weights if you are new to thrusters or CrossFit.
- Focus on your breathing, inhaling as you lower into the squat and exhaling as you drive the weight overhead.
- Thrusters are a full-body exercise that targets multiple muscle groups, including the legs, glutes, shoulders, and core.
- They can help improve strength, power, and cardiovascular endurance.
- Thrusters are a functional movement that can be applied to real-life activities, making them useful for overall fitness and athletic performance.
Remember to always consult with a qualified fitness professional before starting a new exercise program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or concerns. Safety and proper form should always be a priority in any exercise routine.